Assignment 1 Creating Databases
In this assignment you will learn how to import and export databases to and from your class MySQL server.
Part 1: Create Suppliers Parts Database
- In cPanel, using the MySQL Databases app, create a database named SuppliersParts.
- In cPanel, open the PhpMyAdmin app. On the left sidebar, click the SuppliersParts database. The main panel should display no tables in the database.
- Download this spreadsheet. Notice it contains the three tables of the Suppliers Parts database.
- Add yourself to the Suppliers table as SNO = “S6”, SNAME = your last name, STATUS = 40 and CITY = your city.
- In PhpMyAdmin, import the Suppliers table (with you in it) into your SuppliersParts database. Name the table S.
- Repeat for the Parts table, naming the table P.
- Repeat for the Suppliers Parts table, naming the table SP.
Part 2: Create Employee Projects Database
- In cPanel, using the MySQL Databases app create a database named EmployeeProjects.
- In cPanel, open PhpMyAdmin and open the EmployeeProjects database.
- In PhpMyAdmin, click the SQL tab to open a window for entering SQL statements. Copy this schema into the window and click Go.
- Open the EMPLOYEE table. Insert yourself as EmployeeNumber = 13, Department = “InfoSystems” and Email = your email address.